Friday, March 9, 2018

Happy Easter Spring Decoration with Deb Riddell

Hello everyone, Deb Riddell here today to share an Easter project with you.  I’m hoping that the spring colours and theme will speed up Spring’s arrival, it’s still very snowy and cold around here!


Now I have to apologize to you all, I neglected to check Southern Ridge’s website before I created this project and belatedly found out that a couple of the chipboard pieces I had in my stash are no longer available.  But I found lots of possible substitutes you could use to create your own so hope you will forgive my faux pas. I used the new Happy Easter With Eggs chipboard piece along with a floral frame (substitute the Elegant Vintage Flourish Frame, Foliage Round Frame or Oval Peacock Feather Frame) and some garden flowers (substitute the Wild Flower Bouquet or Foliage Pieces).

I started out by painting the Happy Easter With Eggs piece with Americana Dioxazine Purple acrylic paint and then embossed the lovely easter eggs with Emerald Creek Craft Supplies Iridescent Shimmer embossing powder.


I then painted the garden flowers with several different spring colours (greens, yellows and purples) and overstamped them when dry with a fine script stamp and Vintage Photo Distress Archival ink.

The floral frame was painted with Avocado Dip and Lemonade Americana acrylic paint and then some of the leaves were foiled with Spring Green Deco Foil.  I then spattered the frame with Lime and Gilded Color Bloom Sprays and finally added some drops of diluted Indian Gold Nuvo Mousse.


I chose three spring themed scrapbook papers from my stash that coordinated with the painted chipboard pieces and cut the smallest floral piece to 6” square, the second purple piece to 6 ½” square and the largest green piece to 7” square.  The edges were tattered with a distressing tool and layered on atop the other to form the background.

And that was pretty much it, easy peasy right?  The frame was adhered to the background with the Happy Easter sentiment centered overtop and the three flowers tucked in behind the sentiment.  Some K & Company scrapbook stickers from my stash were added to the corners and there it was done. Here are a couple of closeups.










Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

- Garden Flower Mix (substitute Wild Flower Bouquet, Foliage Pieces)

Other Supplies Used:

- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic paint
- Therm O Web: Spring Green Deco Foil and Deco Foil Adhesive Pen
- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Iridescent Shimmer Embossing Powder
- Ranger Ink: Distress Archival Ink
- Prima Marketing: Color Bloom Spray
- Tonic Studios: Nuvo Mousse
- Miscellaneous: Spring Themed Scrapbook Paper, Spring Themed Scrapbook Stickers, Double Sided Tape, Liquid Adhesive and Script Stamp

Thanks as always for stopping by today and remember to Think Spring!  Happy creating,





No comments:

Post a Comment