Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Incredible Firefighter with Erin Sampson-Quiding


Being we are headed into fire season here in British Columbia, I thought this was a good time to create a framed piece for firefighters.

I started off by folding a large sheet of tin foil into 4 layers, then cutting them down to 1.5 by 1.5 squares. ( Side note** this is a great way to sharpen your scissors) I then embossed the foil using embossing folders in my Big Shot.


Each piece was then glued down onto 12 -1.5 by 1.5 Mini Wood Canvases.






After they were dry, I brushed on alcohol ink in various colours and then dabbed away the excess with a baby wipe.

I coloured the fire fighter pieces https://chipboard.ca/products/firefighter-mix
“Incredible” with cranberry alcohol ink and mixatives in silver and gold.


While those dried, I applied a thick coat of Matte gel medium to the back and sides of each wood canvas to join them together - creating a solid background for the firefighter to be adhered to.


I decided that the foil and alcohol ink was a bit too bright so I went over it lightly with a sponge and some black soot distress oxide.


I placed all the pieces onto the wood canvas background, then went over the whole thing with a thin layer of matte gel medium to seal it.
Once dried, I placed it into a black frame, to be hung or sat on a shelf.

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:


Other Products Used:

- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Alcohol Inks -  Lettuce, Wild Plum, Stream, Eggplant, Cranberry and Butterscotch, Alcohol Mixatives in Silver and Gold & Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink and a Sponge
- Embossing folders / big shot
- Matte Gel Medium
- Paint brush
- Black Cardstock for matting
- 8 by 10 frame
- Tin foil (just regular kitchen foil)

Thanks for stopping in today
~ Erin







No comments:

Post a Comment